UF & Shands Rehab at Magnolia Parke for Kids & Adults
The certified and licensed Speech-Language Pathologists at the University of Florida, UF & Shands Rehab Centers at Magnolia Parke provide comprehensive assessments and treatment to adults and children with speech, language, cognition, and swallowing/feeding disorders.
Complete Speech, Language, Cognition, and Reading/Dyslexia Evaluations:
- Comprehensive evaluations and assessments include formal and informal diagnostic testing in the areas of: receptive and expressive language, articulation and speech production/intelligibility, speech fluency, traumatic brain injury (TBI), developmental delays, strokes, neurological communicative disorders, voice, and swallowing and feeding difficulties .
- Impressions and recommendations are tailored specific to each individual patient’s needs for their work, home and school/educational environments.
- The Comprehensive Reading Assessment (3-hours) evaluates reading and writing difficulties in order to identify specific reading disabilities. Tests and areas assessed include: phonological processing, word recognition, decoding, reading fluency, reading comprehension, spelling, writing, and oral language. Payment for this evaluation (and therapy) frequently is not covered by insurance policies so these services must be reimbursed as cash only. Scholarships are available, coiurtesy of Scottish Rite Foundation, to individuals who qualify based on financial need.
Intervention and Therapy:
- Patients, caregivers and family members participate in the establishment of the Plan of Care for intervention.
- Therapy is provided by licensed and certified Speech-Language Pathologists.
- Whenever possible, patient schedules can be coordinated with their other rehab (OT/PT) appointments to reduce the number of trips a parent or caregiver has to make to the center(s).
- When appropriate, co-treatments with the other rehab services (OT/PT) may be able to be provided.
To schedule an appointment, please call:
fax: (352) 265-5205
Fax: (352) 265-5201 for Adults
4740 NW 39th Place
Gainesville, FL 32606
Clinic Phone: 352-265-5204