Speech, Language and Swallowing Services
The certified and licensed Speech-Language Pathologists at the University of Florida, UF & Shands Speech and Hearing Center provide comprehensive assessments and treatment to infants, preschool and school aged children, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics with speech, language, cognition, and swallowing/feeding disorders.
Complete Speech, Language, Cognition, and Feeding/Swallowing Evaluations:
- Comprehensive evaluations and assessments include formal and informal diagnostic testing in the areas of: receptive and expressive language, articulation and speech production/intelligibility, speech fluency, traumatic brain injury (TBI), developmental delays, strokes, neurological communicative disorders, voice therapy, voice restoration after laryngectomy, and swallowing and feeding difficulties.
- Impressions and recommendations are tailored specific to each individual patient’s needs for their work, home and school/educational environments.
- Instrumental assessments, including: Modified Barium Swallow studies, swallow endoscopy, and videostroboscopy are completed by fully licensed, certified and competent speech-language pathologists.
Intervention and Therapy:
- Patients, caregivers and family members participate in the establishment of the Plan of Care for intervention.
- Therapy is provided by licensed and certified Speech-Language Pathologists.
- Therapy and intervention are state-of-the-art and evidence based.
- Patients can participate in research protocols, when appropriate and if available.
To schedule an appointment, please Call:
Phone: (352) 273-5871
Fax: (352) 846-1565