The University of Florida Department of Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences is authorized by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association to offer continuing education credit for speech-language pathologists and audiologists. We are able to sponsor cooperative offerings for local organizations wishing to offer continuing education credit for communication professionals. The Department of Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences reserves the right to refuse sponsorship of cooperative offerings.
Requirements for cooperative offerings are as follows:
- Proposed sponsors must meet with the CE Administrator to review the content of the proposed seminar to ensure that the content follows the ASHA guidelines for continuing education.
- All necessary paperwork must be filed with the CE administrator at least 60 days prior to the seminar date to allow adequate time for processing. No exceptions can be made. This is necessary in order to comply with ASHA guidelines.
- A check for $250 to ASHA must accompany the required paperwork. This money goes directly to ASHA. ASHA will also accept a credit card payment. The fee for additional offerings in the same calendar year is $50.
- The sponsoring organization must maintain close contact with the CE administrator to ensure adherence to all guidelines throughout planning for the event and during the event itself.
- The CE administrator will provide sponsors with the necessary forms to be filed with ASHA.
- Following the conference, all sign-in sheets and participant forms must be delivered to the CE administrator no later than 3 days following the event.
- A processing fee of $10 per participant will be paid to Florida Health Professions Association (FHPA) at the time that final paperwork is delivered to the CE Administrator. This fee must be paid in order for the remainder of the paperwork to be filed with ASHA.
- Participants should be informed that they must pay the CE registry fee to ASHA in order for the CEU’s obtained to appear on their ASHA transcripts. ASHA automatically reports CEU’s to Florida’s CE Broker system. If this fee is not paid to ASHA, participant CEU’s will not be reported to CE Broker. Participants may enter their own CEU’s directly into the CE Broker system. The Department of Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences does not report CEU’s to CE Broker.
Independent Study Credit:
SLHS is an approved independent study provider. However, this service is available only to current employees of the University of Florida and to graduates of the CD program. Please contact the CE Administrator for more information.
PO Box 117420
Gainesville, FL 32611