Equitable Treatment of Individuals
The Department of Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences is committed to promoting and ensuring equitable treatment of students, clients, staff, and faculty. This includes but is not limited to diversity reflected by disabilities (e.g., stuttering) or non-mainstream dialects. The following policies and statements reflect the University of Florida’s commitment to promote and ensure equitable treatment of individuals.
- UF Nondiscriminatory policy (http://regulations.ufl.edu/chapter1/1006.pdf)
- UF statements on
- Relations between people and groups (https://catalog.ufl.edu/ugrad/current/advising/info/student-honor-code.aspx#relations)
- Commitment to diversity (http://www.registrar.ufl.edu/catalog0809/administration/mission.html#1)
- Sexual Harassment (http://www.hr.ufl.edu/eeo/sexharassment.htm)
- UF Policy requires all staff and faculty to attend a sexual harassment mini-conference offered through the Office of the Provost (http://www.hr.ufl.edu/eeo/training.htm).
For additional information about resources that are available to students, staff, and faculty at the University of Florida to promote and ensure equitable treatment of individuals, please visit the websites for the following offices.
- Office of Academic Affairs (http://www.aa.ufl.edu/)
- UF Ombudsman, undergraduate, graduate, and professional schools (http://www.ombudsman.ufl.edu/)
- CD Student Appeals Committee
- ADA Compliance Office (http://www.ada.ufl.edu/)
This information is communicated to students in the:
- Undergraduate Catalogue (https://catalog.ufl.edu/ugrad/current/Pages/home.aspx)
- Graduate Catalogue (http://gradschool.rgp.ufl.edu/students/catalog.html)
- SLHS Homepage http://slhs.phhp.ufl.edu/
- SLHS AuD Student Handbook (https://secure.phhp.ufl.edu/audiology/audpub/docs/AuDHandbook.pdf)
- SLHS Doctoral Handbook (PhD Handbook)