Affiliated sites on campus
- UF Health Speech and Hearing Center at Shands Hospital
- UF Health Rehab for Kids at Magnolia Parke
- UF Center for Movement Disorders and Neurorestoration
- UF Craniofacial Center and their Craniofacial Camp
- UF Department of Otolaryngology
- UF Department of Pediatrics
- UF Health – Shands Rehab Hospital
- Baby Gator Child Development and Research Center
Other local sites
- Alachua County Public Schools
- Malcom Randall Veterans Administration Medical Center (just across from UF’s Health Science Center)
- Tacachale Developmental Disability Center
- An assortment of local private practices; and other medical, rehabilitative, and educational facilities within and just outside Gainesville.
Many of our students complete their clinical externships at sites beyond the Gainesville area. In recent years our students have ventured to schools, hospitals, and clinics in places such as Atlanta, Jacksonville, Orlando, Miami, Tampa, New York, Philadelphia, Chicago, and San Diego, to name a few!
In each of these settings, our students are mentored by licensed and certified speech-language pathologists (including our professors) who are highly experienced in the areas of assessment, prevention, and treatment. We strive to help our students develop a comprehensive, well-balanced foundation for successful clinical careers in speech-language pathology – ones that encompasses communication differences, developmental and acquired communication disorders, and swallowing disorders in both pediatric and adult cases.