- An Associate of Arts (AA) degree or the approved equivalent (60+ semester hours of equivalent, transferable credit). Applicants who have completed at least 60 semester hours of undergraduate coursework but have not earned an AA degree from a Florida public community/state college or university may be required to complete additional coursework prior to admission.
- A cumulative GPA of 2.7 is the minimum required for admission to the program at the upper division level. This helps to assure that our graduates will have an upper division GPA of at least 3.0 (the minimum requirement for most graduate programs in the field).
- Completion of all UF General Education requirements*
- Completion of UF Writing requirement*
- Completion of two sequential courses of foreign language in secondary (high) school or 8-10 sequential semester hours at the postsecondary level, or document an equivalent level of proficiency.
- Completion of all Crticial Tracking Course Requirements (listed below) with grades of C or higher.
*This requirement is automatically met with an AA degree from a Florida SUS institution.
Note: Students who are currently enrolled in a UF, campus‐based major are generally not eligible for the Online BHS-CMS Program unless their personal circumstances require them to move away from Gainesville or to work full time.
|Department of Communication Sciences & Disorders|
|Plan of Study for Students in the Distance Learning Program|
|Course number & Title||Fall||Spring||Summer||Fall||Spring|
|SPA 3032: Fundamentals of Hearing||3|
|SPA 3101: Speech Anatomy & Physiology||3|
|EEX3012: Intro to Special Education||3|
|SPA4104: Neuro Bases of Communication||3|
|SPA 4004: Language Development||3|
|SPA 4302: Audiometry & Hearing Disorders (prereq SPA3032)||3|
|ENC3254: Writing in the Major*||3|
|SPA 4321: Audiologic Rehabilitation (prereqs SPA4302)||3|
|SPA4250 Intro Speech Disorders (prereqs SPA3003 & SPA3101)||3|
|SPA 3011: Speech Acoustics||3|
|SPA 4400: Intro to Language Disorders (prereqs SPA4004 & SPA4104)||3|
|SPA 4050: Clinical Observation||3|
|PHC4101: Intro to Public Health||3|
|College Approved Elective||3||3||3|
|Total Credits = 60||12||15||12||12||12|
|*ENC3254: Writing in the Major has a limited number of seats. You will get take this course before you graduate but the semester in which you get a seat may vary.|
|Core courses cannot be dropped as they are either sequential or have limited space.|
|Dropping even one core course can substantially delay graduation. If you are struggling in a core course,|
|consult with the instructor or course teaching assistant to discuss strategies to improve your performance.|
|If dropping a core course becomes unavoidable, you may do so only with permission of the program director.|