The UF Reading Disabilities Program was formed to meet the needs of individuals in the community who have reading and writing difficulties. This program provides services to evaluate and remediate children and adults, while training speech-language pathology graduate students in these areas.
Are you or your child struggling with reading and writing?
- Sounding out words
- Reading fluently
- Understanding what you read
- Reading and writing without extreme effort and frustration
The UF Reading Program specializes in the diagnosis and remediation of reading and writing disorders.
- Comprehensive language evaluations to diagnose oral and written language disorders, such as dyslexia
- Detailed reports, including specific recommendations for intervention and accommodations
- Evidence-based one-on-one intervention
Contact us for more information or to schedule an evaluation:
352-273-6560 or UFReadingProgram@phhp.ufl.edu
The UF Reading Program is a designated Scottish Rite Childhood Language Program clinic. Scholarships available through the Scottish Rite Foundation to eligible individuals to help cover the cost of the evaluation.
Laurie M Gauger
- Mailing Address:
PO Box 100174
GAINESVILLE FL 32610
- Physical Address:
1225 Center Drive
GAINESVILLE FL 32610
Dr. Laurie Mercado Gauger is an Assistant Clinical Professor in the Department of Speech, Language and Hearing Sciences. Dr. Gauger teaches undergraduate and graduate courses in language development and disorders. As Director of the UF Reading Disabilities Program, Dr. Gauger oversees the evaluation and treatment of children and adolescents with reading and writing disorders. She also supervises graduate students as they complete semester rotations in the clinic to gain experience and knowledge in working with this population.
- Developmental reading disorder
- Language disorders in children
- 2016 E-Hearsay
- 2014 Perspectives in Language Learning and Education
The Early Reading Screening Instrument: A Method for Identifying Kindergarteners At Risk for Learning to ReadInternational Journal of Language & Communication Disorders
- 1998 Florida Journal of Communication Disorders
- 1997 Journal of speech, language, and hearing research : JSLHR
- 1996 Psychological Science