Currently, several projects are underway at the Speech Perception Laboratory, including:
- Modeling perceptual assimilation (e.g., the perception of non-native speech sounds), with Ratree Wayland and Jenna Silver.
- Perceptual correlates to vocal aging
- Perceptual category access in bilingual listeners, with Jenna Silver.
- Short-term memory effects in cross-language speech perception, with Jenna Silver.
- The effects of stress and deception on voice, with Harry Hollien, Kevin Hollien, Rachel Kesselman and Daniel Kahan.
- Acoustic and perceptual correlates of ethanol intoxication in speech, with Harry Hollien and Camillo Martin.
- Acoustic/auditory similarity metrics