Online Bachelor of Health Science with a Major in Communication Sciences and Disorders
Online BHS-CMS Program
The following outlines our admission requirements. You do not have to complete all of our admission requirements before you apply to the program, but you do have to complete them prior to the start of the term for which you are applying (i.e. You should have a plan in place to have all admission requirements completed prior to the start of the term for which you are applying).
Undergraduate Transfer Applicants
- An Associate of Arts (AA) degree or the approved equivalent (60+ semester hours of equivalent, transferable credit). Applicants who have completed at least 60 semester hours of undergraduate coursework but have not earned an AA degree from a Florida public community/state college or university may be required to complete additional coursework prior to admission.
- A cumulative GPA of 2.7 is the minimum required for admission to the program at the upper division level. This helps to assure that our graduates will have an upper division GPA of at least 3.0 (the minimum requirement for most graduate programs in the field).
- Completion of all UF General Education requirements*
- Completion of UF Writing requirement*
- Completion of two sequential courses of foreign language in secondary (high) school or 8-10 sequential semester hours at the postsecondary level, or document an equivalent level of proficiency.
- Completion of all Crticial Tracking Course Requirements (listed below) with grades of C or higher.
*This requirement is automatically met with an AA degree from a Florida SUS institution.
Note: Students who are currently enrolled in a UF, campus‐based major are generally not eligible for the Online BHS-CMS Program unless their personal circumstances require them to move away from Gainesville or to work full time.
Critical Tracking Course Requirements
You must complete all of the critical tracking courses (or the approved equivalent) before you can enroll in the BHS-CMS program.
|COURSE||TITLE||OTHER APPROVED EQUIVALENTS|
|PSY 2012||General Psychology|
|DEP 2004||Human Growth & Development||DEP 3053; PSB 3002; EXP 3604|
|BSC 2005||General Biology||BSC 2009; BSC 2010|
|STA 2023||Introduction to Statistics|
|3 additional credits of biology||APK 2105C – Applied Physiology with Lab (UF Students-Strongly Recommended)||Non UF students – BSC 2085, BSC 2085L & BSC 2086, BSC 2086L (All 4 courses must be taken) or MCB 2000 Microbiology or ANT 3514C Intro to Biological Anthropology or BSC 3096 Human Physiology|
|SPC 2608||Introduction to Public Speaking||SPC 2300 or COM 1000|
|3 credits of physical science||General Physical Science||Physics-PHY 1033C; PHY 2004; PHY 2020 or Chemistry-CHM 1020; CHM 1030; CHM 2045|
All General Requirements and Prerequisites must be met by all applicants including international applicants. Please see additional information for international applicants on the links below. All information may not apply to distance learning students such as information regarding traveling to the U.S. (I-20 and visa information).
Online Bachelor of Health Science with a Major in Communication Sciences and Disorders (BHS-CMS)
Online BHS-CMS Program
|Cycle 1: Nov 1 – Feb 1
Cycle 2: March 1 – June 1
|*We are only accepting applications for the fall term for this program.|
TRANSFER STUDENTS: APPLICATION TO THE BHS-CMS PROGRAM
If you have or will have completed an Associate of Arts degree (or the equivalent) and critical tracking courses by the term of enrollment, application to the BHS-CMS program is a two-step process. Both steps must be completed for your application to be evaluated.
STEP 1: Complete the online application UF Undergraduate Admissions Application. 8Before completing this application, you should first check to see if you meet the minimum UF transfer admissions requirements.)
- Select the TRANSFER/READMISSION application option.
- Select Comm Sci and Disorders – Online Program as your major in the Program of Study section and the Fall term.
- Complete all sections of the application. Make sure to complete the College Courses section if you have not already completed the prerequisite course requirements.
- Send official transcripts from high school and all post-secondary schools attended to the UF Office of Admissions, P.O. Box 114000, Gainesville, FL 32611
- Pay the $30 application fee (check or money order preferred)
- Please make note of your UFID assigned during the application process as you will need it for Step 2. If you do not know your UFID contact the UF Help Desk for assistance.
STEP 2: After submitting your application to the UF Office of Admission, then you should complete our Department application.
- In our Department application, we will ask you to submit a copy of your academic transcripts by uploading them to the application. (So, you will submit an official copy of your transcripts to the UF Office of Admissions and upload a second copy of your transcripts to our Department application.)
- We recommend that you Check Your Application Status Here regularly. The Office of Admissions will post information here to let you know if you are missing any piece of your application including transcripts or other documents.
NOTE: You will be notified about your admission decision approximately 6 – 8 weeks after the application deadline listed above. Please check your application status on the link above prior to the deadline to make sure all your materials have been submitted accurately. You will likely receive information from UF prompting you to sign up for Transfer Preview. Please ignore this request as this applies to on-campus students only. Also, you do not need to worry about immunization requirements; your advisor will have your immunization hold removed for you. Your advisor will send you an email with orientation and registration details shortly after your admission letter.